Your home is in need of an update. The kitchen cabinets scream 1980s, and the pink wall tile in the bathroom cannot be ignored any longer. It’s time to do some home improvements, but you’re wondering how you can afford it.
Because not everyone has an ample remodeling budget, Gemini Wallcovering & Renovations wants to pass along these budget-friendly remodeling tips:
- A little paint goes a long way. When compared to other remodeling projects, interior painting is an easy and inexpensive way to make big changes in your home. You can do the work yourself or hire our crew to do it for you.
- Start in the kitchen. You’ve probably heard it said that your kitchen is the heart of the home, and everyone tends to congregate there. Whatever your improvement budget is, set aside plenty of it for kitchen remodeling.
- Focus on custom details. Your home can stand apart when it has custom details. Even one wall of unique wallpaper or custom wall tile in your walk-in shower can make a big impression.
- Determine what you can—and can’t—do yourself. Tackling a few projects without a contractor can save you money, but make sure you have the knowledge and skills before starting. Otherwise, you’ll end up spending more money hiring someone to fix your mistakes.
- Get creative with décor. It’s easy to go to your favorite home-furnishings store and quickly spend hundreds on rugs, wall art, and more. Before you spend too much on the finishing touches, consider what you can make, refurbish, or buy on consignment. You can find many tips online (think Pinterest) for low-cost home décor.
Your best bet for sticking to your remodeling budget is to work with our team at Gemini Wallcovering & Renovations. We can help you create a plan to remodel your home, taking into account your goals (both design and financial). Our team specializes in kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, and basement finishing in the Arlington, Fairfax, and Alexandria, VA, areas. For a free quote on your next improvement project, contact Gemini at (571) 501-1405.photo credit: Untitled via photopin (license)